Nature's Goodness Australia - Kefir King of Probiotics - 7.5g NET
What is Kefir?
Kefir is a fermented milk drink that originated in the Caucasus Mountains of Far East Europe where it was used for centuries as a healthy drink and improved longevity.
Why is Kefir good for you?
Kefir is a source of beneficial bacteria and yeasts which help maintain a healthy digestive system. These include lactic acid bacteria like Lactobacillus, Lactococcus and Kefir yeasts.
Kefir has been found to help with:
- gastrointestinal problems
- following antibiotic therapy
- maintaining healthy intestinal flora
- people with lactose intolerance
- For best results use a fresh unopened bottle of long life milk (Containing Lactose)
- Add 1 sachet to half a glass of milk
- Ensure the Kefir Powder is mixed in well
- Leave the mixture for 24-36 hours, or until it sets, at room temperature (20-25 degrees).
- When it is set, you are then able to add 1L more Long Life milk. Incubate mixture overnight or until set.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours before drinking.
Collect 1 glass of Kefir - this can be used for a subsequent inoculation of another 1L of milk. Repeat up to another 4 times to make 5L Kefir in total.
Serving Suggestion: Serve Kefir with your favourite fruit, or add a pinch of salt to add zest to the flavour.
Ingredients: Lyophilised Kefir culture, maltodextrin.
Product Size: 5 sachet servings per box. 7.5g NET